Distinctions, Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers® Designee, 2017 - present
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star Designee, 2012, 2014 - 2016
- Connecticut Magazine Top Attorneys - Rising Star, 2012, 2015; Top Attorney, 2013; and Outstanding Young Lawyer, 2014
- American Society of Legal Advocates Top 40 Family Lawyers Under 40, Connecticut, 2016
Professional Associations and Membership
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2014 - present
- Former Co-Chairman, Family Law Section
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
- Greenwich Bar Association
- Connecticut (2005)
- United States Supreme Court (2020)
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- Juris Doctorate
- New York Law School Law Review, academic invitee
- New York Law School Scholarship for Academic Achievement
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Boulder, Colorado
- Bachelor of Arts oMajor: English Literature
Attorney Ross M. Kaufman is a member of the Siegel, Colin & Kaufman, P.C. law firm in Stamford, Connecticut. A top-rated lawyer with over 14 years of legal experience, Attorney Kaufman dedicates his practice solely to family and matrimonial law, and he is totally devoted to doing what is necessary to help his clients achieve the best possible outcomes for their issues involving child custody, child support, property division, alimony and all other related matters.
Through his extensive litigation practice, Attorney Kaufman has earned a reputation as a tenacious trial attorney who fights hard for those he serves in court. However, he is also a highly trained and effective negotiator, and he has helped numerous clients resolve their conflicts and reach viable agreements through mediation and arbitration without the need for expensive, protracted courtroom battles.
Attorney Kaufman began his legal career in the areas of criminal defense and personal injury, first serving as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Irvin J. Snyder of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Criminal Part before practicing in both New Jersey and Connecticut for several years. In 2008, after developing an interest in family law, he opened the Law Offices of Ross M. Kaufman, LLC in Southport, Connecticut and began focusing on matrimonial litigation. In October 2011, Attorney Kaufman joined the boutique matrimonial firm of Siegel, Reilly & Conlon, LLC, in Stamford, Connecticut, where he honed his skills in all areas of family law, including divorce, custody and child support, post-judgment enforcement and pre-marital agreements. In 2016, he was promoted to Partner upon the formation of Siegel, Reilly & Kaufman, LLC, the predecessor practice to Siegel, Colin & Kaufman.
Attorney Kaufman has been a member the Connecticut Bar since 2005. He is a member of the American and Connecticut Bar Associations as well as the Fairfield County, Greater Bridgeport and Greenwich Bar Associations in Connecticut. Since 2014, he has served on the Board of Directors of the Fairfield County Bar Association (FCBA) and recently completed a multi-term tenure as Co-Chair of its Family Law Section.
Attorney Kaufman is proud to have been recognized as follows:
- Super Lawyer, by New England Super Lawyers Magazine in the area of Family Law (2017, 2018)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, by New England Super Lawyers Magazine in the area of Family Law (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Connecticut Magazine Top Attorneys - Rising Star (2012, 2015), Top Attorney (2013), and Outstanding Young Lawyer (2014)
- American Society of Legal Advocates Top 40 Family Lawyers Under 40, Connecticut (2016)
Attorney Kaufman is proud to have been recognized as a multi-year Super Lawyer and Rising Star designee, a Rising Star, Top Attorney, and Outstanding Young Lawyer by Connecticut Magazine, and one of Connecticut's Top 40 Family Lawyers Under 40 by the American Society of Legal Advocates.
In his free time, Attorney Kaufman volunteers with the Stepping Stones Museum for Children in Norwalk, Connecticut. He currently resides in Easton, Connecticut with his wife and two children.